Friday, July 25, 2008

Technology Rant

Ok, people, this is the year 2008 and it's more than half over. I just
got off the phone with some very pedantic people representing a
business, whom I could barely work with on a business transaction
because they are clinging to old technology like an old sock clings to
the lint filter in a dryer.


I'm talking about fax machines and land line phones, here. It seems
that companies just can't kick the fossils and get with the digital
age. Sure, fax machines were great when they first came out, but they
are 20th Century technology and they are more than obsolete already. I don't own one, and I never will. It would be a waste of money,
especially since I don't have a land line phone, which, by the way, is
19th century technology. I mean, these things are Fred Flintstone
material.


What's sad is, these companies have computers and email, and can
download things like the FREE Acrobat reader in order to exchange and view PDF files, but they just refuse to because they can't get with the modern times. They could still hang on to their beloved and cherished glorified doorstops and paperweights, and yet use modern technology at the same time, but for some unknown reason they refuse.


I wonder how many Japanese companies are this far behind the times?


Yabba Dabba doooooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home